If you’re looking to add a little more muscle mass to your frame, dumbbells are a great way to go. You can do a wide variety of exercises with dumbbells that will target all the major muscle groups in your body. And you don’t need any special equipment or a lot of space – just a few dumbbells and enough room to move around.
So if you’re looking for an easy and convenient way to get in a great workout, head to Factory Weights to get yourself a high-quality set of dumbbells, then check out these ten dumbbell exercises that you can do at home.
They’re simple and effective, and you’ll be feeling the burn in no time.
1. Dumbbell Squats: Start with your feet shoulder-width apart and dumbbells held firmly at your sides. Lower yourself into a squat position, making sure to keep your back straight and chest up. Push through your heels to come back up to standing and repeat for 12-15 reps depending on your fitness level.
2. Bicep Curls: Stand with dumbbells in each hand, palms facing forward, arms extended by your side. Keeping your elbows close to your body, curl both dumbbells up towards the shoulders and then slowly lower them back down. Do 12-15 reps for one set.
3. Overhead Press: Stand with dumbbells in each hand and lift the dumbbells up to shoulder level so your arms are bent at a 90-degree angle. From here, press the dumbbells overhead until your arms are fully extended. Slowly lower them back down and repeat for 12-15 reps.
4. Tricep Extensions: Hold one dumbbell with both hands above your head, palms facing forward. Keep your upper arms close to your ears and slowly lower the dumbbell behind you until you feel a stretch in your triceps muscles. Push through to return the dumbbell back up to the starting position and repeat for 12-15 reps per set.
5. Lunges: Start with dumbbells at your side and take a big step forward into a lunge position. Make sure to keep your chest up and back straight, pushing through the heel of your front foot to return you to standing. Do 12-15 reps per set on each leg.
6. Bent Over Rows: Hold dumbbells in each hand and bend forward at the waist until your back is almost parallel to the ground. Let the dumbbells hang down by your sides and pull them up towards your chest, squeezing your shoulder blades together. Return them to starting position and repeat for 12-15 reps per set.
7. Chest Press: Lie down on an exercise mat holding dumbbells in each hand. Push the dumbbells up towards the ceiling, making sure to keep your arms at a 90-degree angle. Slowly lower them back down and repeat for 12-15 reps per set.
8. Shoulder Shrugs: Stand with dumbbells in each hand and let your arms hang naturally by your side. Rise up onto your toes, shrug your shoulders as high up towards your ears as possible and then slowly return them back down to starting position. Do 12-15 reps per set.
9. Single Arm Rows: Place one dumbbell on the floor next to you and hold the other dumbbell in one hand while leaning forward until it’s almost parallel to the ground. Pull the dumbbell up toward your chest, squeezing your shoulder blades together. Return the dumbbell to starting position and repeat for 12-15 reps per arm.
10. Russian Twists: Sit on the floor with dumbbells in each hand and your feet off the floor. Lean back slightly and twist from side to side, tapping the dumbbells lightly on either side of you as you go. Do 12-15 reps per set.
There you have it – ten dumbbell exercises that are sure to give you a great workout at home! So grab a pair of dumbbells and get moving! Your muscles will thank you later!